Monday, April 26, 2010

Lucy, You Gotta Lot Esplaining To Doooo!

I've noticed lately, that on facebook, most everyone I know comments on Mondays and Fridays. "Ugh! Monday again!" "Please tell me it's still Sunday!" "Is it Friday yet?"  "Yaaay, Friday is here!" "TGIF!!!"

This is just so sad. Why do we hate to work so much? It's like we are hamsters on a treadmill, just existing until the weekend. Why does it have to be that way? I heard it said that if you do something you love, you don't work a day in your life. How may of us are blessed enough to be able to do that? Even if we like what we do, we still complain about having to get up and go to work. Are we lazy? Dissatisfied? Unappreciated and unappreciative? Thank the Lord I haven't had to go back into the workforce, because I would probably assuredly be saying/writing the same thing.  Did our forefathers feel this way? When families worked on a farm to feed and clothe themselves, did they feel this way? I really wonder.

And another thing... by my calculations, I weigh two or more pounds less than I did last summer. So, why are the clothes I wore last summer still too tight? Why can't I wear them now? I have two pairs of pants that I can get back into. Snug fitting albeit, but I'm wearing those suckers. Why are they tighter now than they were last year? Could it be that everything is going south? Literally? Is all the fat from my top settling in my bottom? Can someone explain this to me? I'm trying not to be discouraged. And I walked two miles this morning trying to help things along. I need to wear those clothes....

3 comments:

Erin said...

while i *love* my job (i'm pretty sure i have the best job in the world), i admit i still fit into the complaints on this blog. i love riding the train to work, i love my city, i love my job... but how nice it would be to sleep just a little later. i don't ask for much-- just, maybe, until 7? i'm fine waking up at 7.

Lisa said...

I like my job...but love my time off.

FrouFrouBritches said...

I feel your pain girl! I jsut wish I was 20 pounds lighter, but all of my stuff is going south and it's not like I had a lot north to fall south in the first place!

As much as I love being at home with the kids, sometimes they drive me bananas and I think about going back to work - for about 10 minutes. That is when I know to go lock myself in the bathroom for some "alone time" before I mention going back to work and jump into something I would regret!