Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I talked to Mom yesterday and she's doing even better. The intermittent vomiting has stopped, she's able to eat and she feels really great. That is such a blessing. She is also blessed with a couple of friends that amaze me with their love and support. Roy and Lilly have been taking her everywhere she needs to go, bringing her to get her labs done at the clinic, and out to eat often. They brought their son (who is married with a family) with them yesterday and mowed her yard, and even used the Weed Eater to polish it all off. Anyone who knows my Mom knows that her yard is her NUMBER ONE priority. I am humbled by their sacrifice on her behalf and very thankful for them.

We have been extremely busy at the clinic and we are all still scratching our heads as to why. The summer is supposed to be our lax time. I am exhausted for some reason. I guess it's a combination of lack of exercise, the stress and hours at work, not eating right, and my concerns about Mom. I have some personal issues I'm dealing with as well, and it weighs heavily on my mind. That can drain a person all on its own. It's very hard to feel positive when you are so worn out. I've never wanted to go on a cruise to the tropics, but the thought of that right now sounds pretty darn good. Unfortunately, I have neither the time nor the money for such an excursion. If I can hold out till I'm 55, LeLe tells me she's taking me on a trip. I hope I'll still be up for it by then. Heh heh.

1 comment:

LeLe said...

I'm planning on it! It may not be Scotland, but maybe the East Coast during the fall. That would be pretty!