Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mom is experiencing a bit of nausea and fatigue. I think her mind is a bit fuddled to, but how could it not be? She came to the clinic for a weekly lab check ordered by the oncologist yesterday. Sister #2 brought her from Rison to Sheridan, and they bought a few groceries at Walmart. Next visit with gyno-oncologist is July 21, and next chemo is July 25.

Since things have settled a bit, my back is acting up again. God gives you what you need while you need it, and the pain is increasing after not being a problem while Mom was so needful of my help. Or maybe the activity made a difference. I tried walking to the post office from the clinic yesterday and was in severe pain by the time I got back. After sitting for a little while, it got much better. I am beginning to feel though, like I'm 100 years old, and I think I'm walking a little funny too. I guess I'm trying to relieve pressure or pain or something and do it without really thinking.

The work day yesterday was hectic after being closed for so many days. It's always like that on the first work day after a holiday. At least the day flew by. We are beginning to look for a replacement for our LPN who is leaving in August or September to have a baby. Lucky girl is going to stay home with her babies. I remember those times. Priceless.

No comments: