Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Update

Spent the night and today with Mom. She had a good night, only having to get up four times. Sounds like a lot but in the grand scheme of things, not so much. She's beginning to eat a little more, her blood sugar is getting back to normal and she's doing a little more walking. (When encouraged, cause it hurts and it's very tiring.) I was able to get her a bath, because a wonderful man I know gave us a shower chair. And it was not as hard as I thought it would be, considering we didn't have a hand held shower head. I used a plastic container to pour the water over her in the tub. She was exhausted by the time we finished, but felt so much better with a clean body and head washing. And for the first time, I gave her a shot of Levonox in her stomach. She must have one every day for a month to ward off blood clots. I've never given a shot before, but had no trouble, while Sister #1 cringed at the thought. Sister #2 will have to help me out on the days I'm not there.

Tomorrow we go to find a new vehicle. We have agonized over what we want versus pricing. I don't expect to enjoy the day much, eventhough I may come home with a brand new vehicle. I normally would be very excited, but the shopping, test driving, haggling, etc., just doesn't hold much appeal right now. Still, it will be nice to have something new, and be able to get away and focus on something else for a change.

No comments: