Friday, October 2, 2009

K-Love Proverbs Challenge

I was listening to K-Love radio yesterday in the car, and they have issued a challenge to listeners, to read one chapter of Proverbs each day in October. I've done this before, but always in a hurry, as if it is an assignment I must get accomplished. Sometimes it would sink in a little, but most times I just read through it at break neck speed and went on my merry way. This time I'm going to take my time and try to absorb as much as possible.

I started last night, and already the old debil tried to mess with me. I shouldn't have waiting until bedtime, but I do that frequently with no problem. Last night my eyes were giving me fits, watering, burning, blurry. Wow, talk about major warfare. There must be something really important God wants to tell me in Proverbs. I'm going to re-read the first chapter along with the second chapter today and see if I missed catching something important.

I may, from time to time, post little snippets of verses that stuck out to me. Last night even with fighting my eyes, I was struck by:

*Fools despise wisdom and discipline; Prov 1:7
(Wisdom is knowing the will of God, and discipline is the doing of it...right?)

What do you say gentle readers? Are you up for a little 31 day challenge with me? Let me know if you are.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I for one need discipline about reading the bible. I'll study my SS lesson and can't seem to keep my mind on what I'm reading. I was actually asking God to help me with that today so I'll do the challenge with ya...maybe your my answer from Him.

B Lines said...

Oh good. I have one taker. Anyone else game?

As I read the chapter, I have a notebook and pen in hand. If something jumps out at me, I write it down. They say if you write something down, you are more apt to remember it. And if it really hits me, I may just post a note about it. ;)