Sunday, June 20, 2010

Short Update About the Weekend

I visited J and K this weekend. I only saw J for a short hour, as he was called away to work. Someone ran into a light pole on the highway, he had to work it, and he didn't get home until about 9:00 Friday evening. At 6:00 a.m. he was called out again as a pole on the mountain in Hector snapped. He was on call, and had to go then as well.

While he was working Saturday, I went to Brinkley with K and her family to shop for a wedding dress. We went to Low's Bridal and it was packed tight with brides to be and dresses. I thought they would be very expensive, but they were not as outrageous as I'd imagined. We all kept comparing it to Kleinfeld's from "Say Yes To The Dress" on TLC.

I'd not spent any time with K's family, and I enjoyed myself very much. I felt very comfortable and blessed to be included in the dress shopping experience. After about 15 dresses, K decided on the first one she tried. We ate at a little corner cafe and it was very good. Especially since it was after 1:00 p.m. and we were all starving.

I noticed in Brinkley that there are several little antique and flea markets, and made note that SR and I will have to run up there one day and check them out. That will wait a while though, as I'm a bit tired of traveling. I spent over six hours in a car yesterday either to and from the bridal shop, or on the way home from Russellville. I don't want to take a long drive for a few days...

No comments: