Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Almost There



The handyman finally came last night and worked until it was too dark to see. All the cover is on and we finally have protection from the rain and sun on the back door. Yippee!!





There is a lot left to do, but the hard part is over. I still have to paint the wood, repaint the floor due to all the boot marks on it, and add some decor. I'm excited about how it will look eventually.




No, it's not the large fancy deck of my dreams. But I've learned to take what I can get, and do the best I can with it. I don't think God ever intended me to have a lot of worldly things, and that's ok. I take pleasure in the blessings He has given me, no matter how small.



I'd love to do some real landscaping around the foundation of the porch, but that will have to come a little at a time. And it may have to be in pots, due to the slope of the yard. I've done it that way before and it's not so bad.



When I get it cleaned up with a little decor, I'll share the before and after shots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like it! can't wait to see how you finish it up!