Saturday, June 26, 2010
Lately, I've had so many projects going on in my head and unfinished on the guest bed. I can't seem to find the time to work on them for more than ten minutes at a time. My mother has been back in the hospital with some mysterious illness, Little Man is sickly, and the heat is exhausting even if you don't spend much time in it.
One thing we did finally accomplish was getting the back porch cleaned and the chairs and table (in its current state) out there.
The list of what I have left to do it a bit frustrating, due to the lack of time and energy.
1. Paint a second coat of light taupe on the braces and posts.
2. Paint a darker coat of taupe on the floor.
3. Figure out what to do with that table top. It's NOT going to work like that. And it's not very attractive right now.
4. Paint the tray I bought for that table top, then decided not to use it, and hang it up to the right of the door.
5. Get some hanging baskets up.
6. Make pillows for the chairs.
7. Figure out some kind of landscaping around the bottom of the porch, that SR and I can both agree upon. I suggested some kind of ground cover, but I don't think he's in love with that option. Another is to get concrete edging and make low beds with mulch. And since the ground is hard as concrete too, it would have to be potted plants set in the mulch. Not the best idea, but better than nothing.
You see....SR is opposed to gutters. I don't know why, unless it's the thought of having to keep them cleaned out. So, where the rain (which we have seen only one time since the roof went on) runs off the roof, there is a deep gash in the ground. That can't continue folks.
It will all come together eventually and that gives me something to look forward to. In the meantime, I've been eating my breakfast out there in the mornings. Listening to the birds, smelling the last blooms of the mimosa tree.