Friday, April 8, 2011

Another Week Done Gone

Where does the time go? Time flies when you are having fun....the older you get, the faster time goes....I could go on with all those old sayings, but I won't. *grin*

It's exactly two weeks to the wedding. I've spent a lot of time on LMW's suit and I'm almost finished. Oh please oh please oh please God, let it fit! I think I can honestly say, it has been the hardest thing I've ever made. Even when I was making all the little frilly girly things for LeLe when she was tiny, it wasn't that hard. Or maybe after all this time, it just seems harder. I've had to improvise a bit, unfortunately. Shorten it, and create my own placket for snaps, since Hobby Lobby nor the local walmart had snap tape. I've laid it down and walked away a couple of times and just when I think I'm almost done, I see a little glitch that drives me crazy and I have to rip seams and try again. So, I have one pocket left to redo, the zipper to sew in, and the snaps to sew on by hand. Again....oh please let it fit. I did try the top part on the boy before I started the bottom. (The top is made separate from the bottom, and then joined.) LeLe and I held it up to him today to judge the length, and he was not very cooperative.

It sounds like I'm complaining, and I don't mean it that way. I'm simply stating the way it's been going. I don't mind that it's hard, and I will be pretty happy when it's done. I am just so OCD about every little thing. If it weren't for a wedding, I'd be less so.

On a lighter note, I found a gorgeous dress for myself. My second trip to Little Rock proved fruitful. Thank goodness my sister came along to tell me yea or nae on things. And thank thank goodness I didn't buy any of the dresses I tried on when I was alone. I will give you a sneak peek.... ready?


You didn't think it was going to be a picture of me did you?  Since it is way too long, and since I don't "do" formal alterations, I took it to a sweet lady who is shortening it for me. And she is going to tweak the neckline just a bit, since it's a little too low for my taste. (A little too low for SR's as well.)

As soon as I finish LMW's outfit (hopefully tomorrow) I am going to work very hard to finish the Irish Chain. I have sooo much sewing to do and I'm soooo behind. But that's ok. I'd say job security, except I don't have a job. Maybe we could say happiness security? I love having projects going. I'm just really ready to be finished with at least one of them. I'd say it's about time.

1 comment:

Y said...

Your dress is beautiful!!!