Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gustav and Labor Day

We spent the majority of the weekend watching the weather channel, as I'm sure, everyone else did. We are thankful Gustav wasn't as bad as predicted. My baby boy is on his way to New Orleans to help restore power. I have been watching the newscasts where people are standing in front of the canal levy and I'm terrified one will break while my boy is working. I know God will take care of him, but a mother still worries. I am also extremely proud of him.

I was unable to finish out the medication for my infection. The cure was causing more trouble than the cause, but my personal nurse practitioner changed the medication and I should be on the mend soon. I do feel better, however.

I have had so many issues to deal with the last several months, that I have neglected my church. I haven't worried terribly about it, because I know God knows my heart and my issues. I do miss it though, and hope to return this coming Sunday if all goes as planned. It will be strange, since it's been so long, but I long to sing His praises again and hear His Word.

Mom's lab results continue to be questionable, but the GYN-Oncology doctor has things well in hand I'm sure. She and I went to several furniture stores yesterday, since we both felt up to it, but we were unsuccessful. She did find one she really wanted, but it was a very bold floral print and she wanted a solid. Alas, it came in only the floral print. We ate a very tasty lunch at Chili's and also visited Goody's, J.C. Penney, Kohl's and Kirkland's. We had a nice but tiring day. She does get tired more quickly than before her illness, and I never have been able to "shop til I drop" as LeLe can attest. My back didn't bother me until we were a couple of hours into our excursion. That in itself is almost miraculous to me!

Our Tuesday back at work has been hectic and busy, but the time flies. And I might as well get used to it, because school has started and the little ones are already passing illness around like gangbusters.

1 comment:

LeLe said...

I KNOW you di'nt just use the word, "gangbusters". Haha. That was too funny.