Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

The Thursday before my very long weekend, I went home from work sick. I had an infection and just had to go to bed. I was very unhappy at this turn of events, as I had things I wanted to do, and it didn't include staying in the bed for two and a half days.
I finally began to feel enough better on Friday evening, that I was able to do a bit of painting. Saturday was a better day, but I still had to take it slow to keep from feeling worse. Today, I had to go to the clinic and catch up, or I would be in a pickle come Tuesday morning. Still feeling a little puny, but it's slowly getting better. I finished some painting for a friend's little girl's room so, at least I accomplished one thing on my to-do list.




In the midst of all this, Mom's labs had to be redrawn because they were so low. It's amazing how much difference two days make. It seems to be the norm now, for her counts to be very very low at the beginning of the week, but the latter part of the week they jump back up. The oncology nurse keeps asking if Mom feels bad or sickly. She feels as healthy as she always has. No complaints whatsoever. Even gets a little touchy when we remind her of all the precautions she must take to keep from catching some kind of virus.

I intended to take her shopping for a new sofa on Friday, but Sister #2 had to take her in my place. If I am well enough tomorrow, we will hit different stores tomorrow and see if we can find something she likes. She's really not much into the newfangled, ultrasuede, pillowy stuff that is so popular these days. And to be perfectly honest, neither am I. I hope we find something.
I'll have a short week, yoo hoo! but the countdown to the last day for our LPN draws ever nearer. Bummer.




5 comments:

LeLe said...

Wow! You did a great job on the ballerina stuff. It's looks professional!!! I was gonna stop by sometime today but I didn't sleep well last night and took a loooong nap. I'll come by one night this week. Just let me know which day is good for you. Love you.

Michelle said...

I LOVE the paintings! I still want you to do a backdrop for me...but I know you are busy!

Anonymous said...

The paintings are beautiful. Good job.
Hope you are feeling better.
PK

LoriM said...

Super WOW! (Now I'm picking my chin up off the floor!LOL) I had no idea you could do that! Those look great!

B Lines said...

Aw shucks you guys.... thanks for the compliments. They are much appreciated.