Friday, August 22, 2008

Writer's Block

I have not been able to think of anything to blog about this week. I've thought about it several times, while at the computer answering emails, or verifying insurance coverage, but nothing came to my brain. There have been things happen, but most were of a very personal nature, and not appropriate for public reading.

I was not able to sleep-in this morning, though I had planned to. I even stayed up way past my normal bedtime last night. Why is it that I must drag myself out of bed every work day but on my days off, I wake up unable to go back to sleep? I refused to get up this morning, eventhough I wasn't able to drift back off, and my mind was a whirlwind of activity.

In the background of my thoughts, was a constant repeat of the song, The Prayer by Celine Dion and Josh Groban. I listened to a cd with that playing several times at work this week and it was playing over and over in my head while the thoughts came and went. You know, when you can't get a song out of your head type of thing. Aggravating. But at least I like this song. Don't you hate it when a song you hate does that? Since I haven't blogged all week, I will list the things going round and round in my mind as I laid there trying to go back to sleep.

1. Not being able to go back to sleep.
2. Husband's new work schedule.
3. Scenes from two books I read lately.
4. Christmas present ideas.
5. Mom's last lab results.
6. My physical therapy issues.
7. LeLe's house hunt.
8. J's house repair issues.
9. The person we hired to take the L.P.N.'s place at work.
10. It's payday.
11. Not being able to go back to sleep.
12. Things going on at work.
13. The need to blog.
14. What to blog about.
15. Not being able to go back to sleep.
16. Why that song keeps ringing in my head.
17. Meds I forgot to take last night.
18. What I watched on tv last night.
19. Not being able to go back to sleep.
20. Wayne's world.
21. The traffic behind my house.
22. The packet of papers I need to mail from the office.
23. Mom's next visit to see the oncology doctor.
24. Our garage door opener main box died.
25. It's Friday, why am I not still sleeping?
26. My back.
27. I need to get the photos Chelle took of us printed out and framed.

Ok, that is most of it. All I can remember right now anyway. And did I mention I kept thinking about not being able to go back to sleep? Sheesh.

2. Husband's new work schedule. For the time being, after years and years of working weekends and being off in the middle of the week, he's off on Sat and Sun. Woo hoo. Although at present, he's working the 3-11 shift.

5. Mom's iron levels and cholesterol are way high, while her immune system levels are way low. She has a bruise and a bump where they placed the IV at her last chemo. She complained about it, but they wouldn't re-insert it because it had good flow. Nurse practitioner said to demand they change it next time.

9. I was under the impression we were required to hire an L.P.N. to replace our current one. She is leaving next month to deliver her second child and won't be returning. This week, we hired someone with years of clinic experience, but has no license of any kind. I'm a bit concerned about that. Too many issues to list here, but I just don't have a good feeling about it. We will see what happens and how it goes. I was in on the interview, eventhough I had no say in the hiring. We only interview the one person, and her references weren't even checked. We had an actual L.P.N. submit a resume, but she wasn't even considered. Go figure.

26. My back is much much better, thanks to a very nice physical therapist. He stressed that it will continue to improve if I continue to exercise. And it will go back to painful if I stop. It's something I must do for the rest of my life if I want to be able to function normally. I hate exercise, hate it with a passion, but will do it because I must. I guess it will be like hating to unload the dishwasher, but it's mandatory if you want to load the dirty ones in.

So, it's been a long blog and evidently my writer's block is gone for the present.

2 comments:

LeLe said...

Wayne's World? How random...it's called an "ear worm" when you get a song in your head that won't go away. I hate when that happens. It drives me insane sometimes.

I also hate exercise with a passion. Every time I gain momentum, I get bored and quit. Figures...hope your back gets better.

Les said...

I hate being unable to sleep. I've been rather sleep-deprived this week with it being the beginning of school. Every night when I go to bed I think of things I need to do. It's annoying.

I'm glad that your back is getting better. Hopefully, this will continue.