Friday, August 1, 2008

A Day to Rest?

My own personal R.N.P. advised me to go home last night, take something strong, sleep all night and most of the day today. Together we have sorta-kinda diagnosed me as just being totally exhausted. My blood pressure has been up the last few days, I've had a slight headache, and I'm so tired I can hardly function. No other symptoms though. Unfortunately, anything that will totally knock me out, does so for days instead of hours. Otherwise, I would be in la la land as we speak (write.) I did get to sleep late today and that was nice. Not enough, but nice.

I think I've been on the go for so long, my poor body has just about had enough. I work from 8 to 6 four days a week, then go down to Mom's at least one day, do all my grocery shopping and errand running one day, and then try to do housework the third off day. I can't remember the last time I was able to stay home all day long and rest. Again today, I am required at my Mom's because the dish network guy will be there sometime between the hours of 12 and 5 and I have to be there to sign papers. While I'm there, I might as well work on trying to finish up the painting we still have left.

Tomorrow, J is coming to pick up some furniture items we are giving him for his new house. I'm hoping I can sleep in again. I will be thrilled to see my baby boy, and give him some things he needs. I fear the day will not be restful however.

I don't mind doing all these things. I'm just really worn out. I hope I can get some rest on Sunday since it is supposed to be a day of rest.

4 comments:

LeLe said...

Well, we don't have to paint Saturday if you're too tired. You can just visit with J until he leaves and then go home and take a nap.

Les said...

Your visit with J will make you feel better.

Sooz said...

Hope your feeling better...I'm with Les...seeing your baby boy will help a lot.

LC said...

Tell J congrats on his new house! Must be nice...maybe I'll know in a few years...haha!