Sunday, September 14, 2008

Full Moon

Ike made it's way across Arkansas in speedy fashion, leaving beautiful clear weather behind. Tonight, there is a beautiful full moon and SR suggested I try to capture it with the camera.

It's not "star" quality, but I though it turned out a lovely dark blue with the moon shining above the clouds. The down side of this is that a full moon tends to bring out all the crazy patients. So, tomorrow will more than likely be a very busy, crazy, exhausting day.

Yesterday SR treated me with a lovely day. We drove to Benton to pick up something at Penney's for Mom, and while there, he purchased me a birthday gift. This after already paying for a new "hairdo" on Friday. We then ate lunch at Colton's Steakhouse. Yummy. After that, we visited some antique shops and just browsed. That is one of the few things we enjoy together. He hunts. I don't. I paint and sew. He doesn't. It took about 25 years of marriage to finally find that we both love to browse antique shops. Actually, we were probably too busy trying to raise the family and make ends meet to have any time to find something we both enjoyed. Our work hours never matched and we never had time to spend together anyway. Thank goodness we do now.

5 comments:

LeLe said...

Glad y'all finally found something you enjoy together. It's very important!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great day. Wow...Eric and I went grocery shopping w/out the kids the other day, and he treated me to Arby's. And, we both commented on a what a great time we had together. Is that sad or what?! We just enjoyed adult conversation without interruptions from loud kids!

LC said...

I love the pic. I am not sure about the crazy patients part... but it sure brings out the crazies in the children!!

Les said...

I love the pic. I saw the moon that night and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Sooz said...

Happy you all can be together more often. What a fun date! We saw the full moon over the gulf and it was amazing. Glad you captured it!