Friday, May 16, 2008

This Week

Nothing earth shattering happened this week. Nothing major to report. Just a few mundane things that make up my day to day existence. Here's a short list of what happened in my world this week.

Monday: Nurse practitioner on vacation, no patients. Spent the day answering the phone and scheduling for next week, or calling to get people in to our clinic in Malvern. Mid-morning, had a long talk with a fellow church member about the "goings on" within our church.

Tuesday: Took a sick day, and had an MRI performed on my lower back. I've been fighting severe lower back pain for months. Afterwards, SR and I browsed a couple of antique/collectibles shops in downtown Malvern. Found a little bench I would have liked to purchase, to put at the foot of my bed, but it wasn't in sturdy enough shape to chance buying it. Afraid it wouldn't hold up well enough.

Wednesday: Received results of MRI. Mild DDD (Degenerative Disk Disease) Treatment options are exercise, physical therapy and anti-inflammatory meds. In severe cases, Epdiural injections to the disk site, and even surgery. Ooooh No. Not me. Nuh UH! I had an epidural once. I'd rather hurt. In the afternoon, I added a safari/jungle scene to one of the walls in an exam room. We have a room that we call the "Monkey Room." A couple of years ago, I painted a jungle scene on one of the walls. I added another partial wall to that Wednesday. Pics will follow shortly. After work, I forced myself to walk around our neighborhood twice in an attempt to begin an exercise routine. Not pleasant, and in the end, a bit painful. Wish me luck.

Thursday: Woke up with a terrible "Crick" in my neck and shoulder. Finished up on the painting. Cleaned the clinic. Yes, I swept, mopped, cleaned bathrooms, etc. I don't have to do that, but I am the one who does. If I didn't, I shudder to think of how nasty that place would be with so many feet going in and out, and so many hands touching things.

Friday (Today): "Crick" is worse. I must carry on though. Went to Walmart and experienced several things Chelle wrote about in her last post intitled "The Walmart Rule" Very frustrating. Then went to the local Mad Butcher to purchase our meat. (REFUSE) to buy meat at Walmart. Even Walmart employees won't buy it, I'm told by some of them.) It's a good thing there are only two of us at home now. We'd go bankrupt trying to feed a family with prices being so high for meat now.

I now plan to take a pain pill, and hit the couch. I'll be a slug the rest of the day.

3 comments:

LeLe said...

Why, oh, why do we have to have such health problems? What's the deal??? I feel like a 70-year-old trapped inside a 29-year-old exterior. Seriously. I don't know how long I'm gonna make it today at work. I may have to sneak out since it's Friday anyway and I'm on salary and am coming in tomorrow...

LC said...

I hope your back gets better. Mom has had some back issues, but I am not sure if it is the same as yours. Anyway, hope you get to feeling better once you get into your new routine!

Sooz said...

Back pain is some of the worst...hope the walking helps.