Friday, May 30, 2008

Still Lost

I missed the first hour of the "Lost" season finale. Much to my aggravation. I don't know why I'm so addicted to this show. Sure, it's a mystery, but I'm one of those folks who don't like to be in the total dark about a show week after week. And I'm totally and completely confused with everything about it. SR read that fans were dwindling due to the way it drags on and on without giving any answers, only creating more questions. I read somewhere, that it will continue until 2010. Who knows? Maybe I'm just too dense to "get" what's really going on. Still, I hate to miss it. I suppose I really like the characters or something, because I sure don't like the plot. I wish the writers would help me out a little. Anyone else out there in the same shape I am? The only really good thing last night was the Desmond and Penny reunion. Maybe when the entire series is over, I can buy all the DVD's, watch them back to back from first to last, and I'll actually understand some of it. Until then, I'm still lost.

I'm also lost about our church website. Those of you who are familiar with website management, will understand. We upload files to the site via FTP (File transfer protocol) and every computer at the church is having trouble. I can use the ftp program successfully from my home computer, but not from the church. A very computer-wise young man worked for an hour or more with us today, trying to figure it out. Still no luck. So, I may have to stay on the phone this afternoon with our dsl provider's tech support to see if they can figure it out. I imagine I will be on the phone with an Eastern Indian who claims to be named something like Bill or Steve. (When we all know he really has a name like Sayid or Samad)But, I will endeavor to find my way for the good of the church site and to serve the Lord in this way.

If anyone out there can give me a little help in either one of these areas, PLEASE feel free to offer your opinion.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry, no advice for the website. But, if it makes you feel any better, I LOL'd about the western Indian named Bill. HAHAHA. I get those all the time. And, then they have the nerve to be aggravated when we don't understand them....ugh. (*I sound ornery, like our granddaddy...don't I? :-) )

B Lines said...

Well, I didn't have to stay on the phone long with "Raymond". Turns out there is an issue with the modem and router at our church that is a problem with this particular type of program. So, church computers can't use ftp. We can work around it though. God provides the way.

Sooz said...

I'm non-technical and I have no clue about the show Lost, but the rest was definitely funny. Richard loves the show Lost and he may have some answers...

Les said...

I didn't know that you were a Lost fan! Matt and I are completely obsessed! We never miss it. He even took the DVDs we have of previous seasons with him to Fort Stockton to entertain him.

I'm like you to a certain extent. I get very frustrated with the lack of answers. I think Jacob is showing himself in the form of Christain Shepherd. Matt thinks that Jacob has to have a body to inhabit and Christain's was on the plane when it crashed. I also think that there's a bigger connection between John Locke and Ben. Both of their mothers' names were Emily. Maybe that's something?