Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day

Well Sooz, I'm another one of the few who are lucky enough to get to work on federal holidays. With the flu season working toward its peak, I dreaded the day. I even went in 30 minutes early to get a head start, knowing our nurse was going to be out. It was going to be just myself and the nurse practitioner. Ooops, change of plans, NP was not in either, so I was there by myself all day.

Most of the time, when the NP is out, we are still so busy we can hardly breathe, from constant phone calls. But today, it wasn't bad at all. I actually was able to sweep the entire office and mop it, along with cleaning the two bathrooms. I couldn't believe it. I also was able to paint some labels on the walls for each of the rooms. You know, exam 1, exam 2, etc. We renovated last May and are still trying to get everything in order.

I guess God knew I could only take so much after the week I'd just had. It was the worst one I can remember and it wouldn't have taken much more for me join the ranks of the unemployed. I really appreciated all the prayers that were said on my behalf. By the time I left for work this morning, I was on my way to being ok. It still took me a couple of hours at work to get over it, but I finally did, thanks to the slack day. Thank you Lord!!!!

4 comments:

LeLe said...

Glad you had sort of a "free" day.

Sooz said...

Glad I wasn't the only one "working" yesterday. It was terribly slow here but like you B-lines it helped me get a lot of other stuff done that I really overlook often. Hope the prayers keep on working.

Les said...

I love days where you can get a lot accomplished. I had one of those days today.

Michelle said...

I had to work on President's Day, too. :-( Stinks!