I tried to come up with 100 Things about me, but I fell short by 40. If I come up with more, I'll update the list. It took me almost a week to get these typed out. I'd think of things at the oddest times. So, drum roll please......
1. I am a saved by Grace.
2. I have two grown children.
3. I collect chickadee birds.
4. My favorite flowers are calla lilies.
5. I dream of visiting Scotland one day, the land of my ancestors.
6. My favorite colors are green and blue.
7. I have wide feet but narrow heels.
8. I believe "Gentlemen prefer blondes."
9. I’ve been involved in children’s church activities for over 25 years.
10. I have phobias.
11. I'm only 5 ft tall.
12. I love all things Celt. Especially Celtic knotwork.
13. I have very eclectic tastes in music. (rock, contemporary, classical, alternative…)
14. I've been married to the same man for almost 31 years. We've been together for almost 34.
15. I'll be 50 years old this September.
16. After reading an article in a magazine, I have determined my style of décor is “American Casual.”
17. I fantasize about being able to say "I'm retired"
18. I fantasize about not having to say, "It'll have to wait till next payday."
19. Barry Manilow is the only star I’ve ever seen in concert.
20. I've lived in six different states, all before the age of 12. I lived in four different houses during one school year when I was in the 4th grade.
21. I once read the Exorcist but it required someone being in the room with me at all times.
22. I think Gerard Butler is one of the hottest men on the planet. And Sean Connery ain’t bad for an old guy.
23. I lay awake at night sometimes, thinking about things to post on my blog.
24. I have RLS.
25. I hate the way the skin of my face covers my eyes when I lean forward to dry my hair.
26. I am the first born of five.
27. I admire women with solid white/gray hair, but will not myself go gray quietly.
28. Exercise is the bane of my existence.
29. I abhor the game show, “The Price is Right.”
30. I have a hard time standing up for myself, and wind up physically ill if someone verbally attacks me.
31. I'm very nosy about my children's private lives, but seldom ask them about it.
32. I'm named after my great-grandmother and my great-great-grandmother. (My dad changed the spelling of my gr-gr-grandmother's name for me however, thanks be to Daddy)
33. After almost three years, I still cry about losing my Dad.
34. I love reading blogs.
35. I don't have a best friend, unless you count my husband.
36. I am a painter. I would like to be more gifted than I am, but I have enough talent to please children and sometimes myself.
37. I’d like to go on an Alaskan cruise.
38. My mother is 20 years older than I am. I am 20 years older than my daughter.
39. I named my baby sister, who is 15 years my junior.
40. I like vampire stories that aren't scary.
41. I can honestly say I love my Mother-in-law and enjoy spending time with her.
42. I regret not having attending college, or even trade school.
43. I don’t regret being a stay-at-home mom when my children were small.
44. I am partial to sapphires and diamonds.
45. The older I get the less I like to cook. (I fear I will never be the grandma everyone loves to visit for dinner.)
46. I know where “Danger, Will Robinson!” came from. (Do you?)
47. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous.
48. I am terrified of jury duty.
49. I never forget about my weight.
50. I know how a good turkey caller sounds.
51. I like Miami Ink.
52. Seafood is my favorite and I love Red Lobster.
53. I would like to visit Maine one day.
54. My mother, my husband, and my two children all have red hair, as did my great-grandmother.
55. I would love to live in a log cabin in the mountains by a lake.
56. I know what “The Prime Directive” means.
57. I once lived in the San Diego, California area but couldn’t wait to get back to Arkansas. (regardless of loving the beach)
58. I love reading historical fiction with a little romance tossed in. Especially if its setting is Scotland.
59. I am a mid-morning person.
60. I love Itunes.
61. I was a majorette in high school.
62. I was a junior high cheerleader one year.
63. I was Homecoming queen.
64. I'm a medical secretary at present.
64. I was at one time an assistant librarian.
65. I don't enjoy shopping for clothes or shoes.
66. I do love to shop for antiques.
67. I like Sci-Fi and Fantasy movies.
68. I once lived in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
68. I am a brown-eyed brunette.
69. My favorite movie of all time is "Last of the Mohicans."
70. I spend way too much time on the computer.
71. I maintain the Cleveland County Arkansas website and archives for USGenweb.
72. I love Diana Gabaldon's books.
73. For 9 months, I worked as a secretary to an attorney.
74. Pregnancy was not very comfortable for me, but I did enjoy it while it lasted.