Friday, July 3, 2009

Holiday


This weekend is our 4th of July celebration. I take for granted the freedoms we have been blessed with, and it's a real shame that it takes this holiday to remind me. I do tear up when the National Anthem is played. I still remember most of the second verse, as I had to learn it when I attended Girl's State. I'll say this about Girl's State....I was not a happy camper. It was an honor to be elected by my teachers in high school to attend, that is true. But politics are not my thing. The campaigning and voting and vying for positions just didn't appeal to me. One girl actually campaigned for coroner, because her boyfriend's father was the local mortician. And she won. *rolling my eyes here* I made a couple of good friends, but we lost touch years ago.

In any case, let me state here that I am proud to be an American. We have our problems, but this is the greatest place on earth. I've never been there, but I believe Scotland is running a close second.....*grin*.

On a different note....
I've just ordered a Bible study on the book of Revelation. We occasionally have a substitute leader in our Sunday School class who usually teaches on that book. She seems to have a huge knowledge of it, but is quick to advise you study for yourself, and allow God to reveal HIS truth to your heart and mind. So much of Revelation and Daniel is symbolic and figurative. She has wetting my curiosity by suggesting things are not as I once believed. I intend to dig into it myself, and see if I agree with her opinions. Revelation is a scary book to study. I think most folks avoid it, but if we don't know the truth of what to expect, how can we be at peace about it? I can't just accept that someone has told me how it will be as gospel. I have to figure it out with God's help and then I will understand and know if I am to play any part in it. And isn't that was the Lord wants each of us to do with all of His Word?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You're right B LINES! And, in the beginning of Revelation, the Lord promises blessings to those who read and study it. So, be prepared for blessings!!!!