Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Puttering Around

It was a beautiful Sunday. Sun was shining and the air was cool. I attended church services this morning after a very long absence due to issues with Mom and other things. It felt good
to sing praises again. I sat there, listening to all those voices, merging together, the music rising to the Lord. It was moving to me.
After church, I went to Walmart and bought some mums and pansies. I've been wanting to do that for days and days. I was able to finally change out the flowers in the pots on my front porch. They aren't as dramatic as last year, but I enjoyed it anyway, and maybe they will grow a bit and look a little more lavish.


I decided to take some other shots of the fall blooms to see if my camera would capture anything special. I have no desire to be the photographer extraordinare that Chelle is, but it's nice to take a shot of a wild bloom and have it turn out nice. Or take a pic of a few pansies and have it turn out good enough to use as wallpaper on my laptop.





One thing I was surprised at, was the shot of a goldenrod bloom that had a bee on it. I didn't think that would turn out worth anything, but you can actually see the bee.
That was a highlight of my day. A pleasure I didn't expect.
Have you ever made yourself follow through on something you weren't sure would be ok, because you knew, you just knew it was what God wanted? And then have it turn out like you expected instead of how you'd hoped? I've been going through a personal issue that has me just wading through issues that shouldn't be this hard. I know God is in control, but it's sure difficult sometimes, when you can't seem to see positive results. I know He allows us to go through the hard times, to bring us closer to Him. It's just hard, you know?

4 comments:

"Cash" It In said...

Hey girl ... I understand completely, but we know that God won't allow to go through anything that we can't handle plush he is always with us ... we just have to reach out for him. I'm really sorry to hear about your mom's cancer. I haven't done a very good job keeping up. You are both in my prayers!

LeLe said...

I know exactly how that feels. A lot of the time, I just don't understand God. It's like I take two steps forward, believing it's his will, and then it's as if I fall ten steps back. I don't get it. Yes, he is there, but it's hard to figure out what his purpose is...

Sooz said...

Sunday was beautiful and it was great to see you at church sitting with many other we haven't seen in a while.
I love those flower pots of yours. Beautiful! I have a black thumb so no flowers for me this year. Richard banned it. Ha!
God is hard to understand because I think I spend a lot of the time with my fingers in my ears, eyes shut tight, and humming loudly so I can't hear him tell me anything.

LoriM said...

I was happy to see you Sunday!! It was a good day!!