Saturday, October 11, 2008

Been Quiet

Hello friends. It's been a while since I had the time or the energy to post anything. I've been spending most of my time either working, or helping LeLe and MK on their house. I haven't posted anything regarding that, because it is their news to share and I didn't want to steal their thunder, so to speak.

We've spent a lot of hours cleaning and painting. Today we moved everything from the storage building into the house. It's packed full of stuff, and they are both exhausted, but hopefully they will be able to get it all squared away before long.

Other than that, I've just been working. Mom was supposed to have chemo yesterday, but her platelets were still a little too low. So, they wanted us to come up to UAMS on Monday to first check her lab to see if she was up enough, then possible chemo. We finally agreed to just wait until next Friday. That way, I wouldn't have to miss work, and we would be assured her platelet levels would be up enough. She's been feeling fine and still doing what she wants. We keep reminding her to stay away from crowds as much as possible, because there is so much sickness now. Upper respiratory issues, stomach virus... you name it.

The new girl at the clinic has pretty much settled in, and we've had to do some adjusting since she is not actually an LPN. But, all in all, things are going fairly smoothly.

I've been doing a little Facebook visiting off and on, since I registered. I tend to check my email countless times a day, and if there is a message on my wall, I go to it immediately, unless I'm busy doing something important, like, oh say....working. ;) I have a very bad habit of checking my mail everytime I get a notification there is a new message. I wish I could turn that off of my instant messenger. Anyone know how? I have to leave that up, because that is how I connect to the main office staff.

During all the work on the house, my back has been pretty bad. I've been waking up during the night having muscle spasms in my lower back and the pain running down my legs. Doesn't make for a very restful night, now does it? If I can roll out of bed in the morning, I plan to get back to Sunday School. It's been a long time.......

No comments: