Saturday, October 25, 2008

Enjoying the Fall Weather

So far, this has been a wonderful weekend. The day yesterday was crisp and I was able to finally get some more pansies into the ground around my birdbath. I also did a little clean up of the bed around my tree, and the front porch. SR and I washed my Tuscon, and I cooked supper for my boy child who is down visiting.

Today I browsed in the local crafts/gift/antique/ you name it store, Scooter's. I love that place. I bought a new garden flag for fall, and found something lovely for LeLe and MK's housewarming. That was a pleasant surprise. I also visited the county library, where I found three books I haven't read from some of my favorite authors. Catherine Anderson and Lynsay Sands. Maybe they will keep me occupied for a day or so until SR and I take a few days to visit north Arkansas next weekend.

I ran by Sonic to give their Iced Lattes a try. Was a waste of time and money. I ordered a regular Caramel Mocha Latte. It was more like a bit of watered down sweet coffee with ice. I suppose I will have to break down and patronize the new little "Cuppies" place. I'm not a big coffee drinker and will only treat myself to something very creamy chocolatey sweet occasionally. The caffeine has a negative effect on my nerves so I have to be careful. But I feel very decadent when I drink a specialty coffee drink. As far as I can tell, no one in the world can do it like Starbucks. The last time I got something there, I was by myself and driving to Bryant mattress shopping. The second that bad boy hit my system, I was bouncing in my seat. It was a shame there wasn't anyone in the car with me to witness the fun....

6 comments:

LeLe said...

Nobody beats Starbucks, that's for sure... Cuppies has a frozen hot chocolate. You might like that. I could have told you Sonic wasn't worth it. :)

Anonymous said...

Starbucks does the same to me!
I love them.
PK

LC said...

I don't drink coffee, but I do like Sonic's cokes!! Hope you enjoy your trip to North AR, where are you guys going?

Michelle said...

I love sonic's Java Mocha Chillers. yummy yummy in my tummy! :-)

I have heard Scooter was good, but I've never been. I wanna go sometime!

Les said...

I don't like coffee, but I would to find something at Starbucks that I like. Surely, with all of the choices I could find something. I so want to be cool enough to order something at Starbucks.

Sooz said...

Oh how I wish I loved coffee and hot chocolate this time of year. I want to. I really do. I stick to cherry limeades and cherry cokes even in the winter. Love this fall weather! Woohoo!