Friday, March 16, 2012

The Wearing of the Green

I don't have anything green to wear, but my yard sure does. In honor of St. Patty, here are some photos to enjoy. Pay no attention to the dirt, as we had a sudden downpour early this morning.

These are the first tulips I've ever had that actually came up healthy, and had blooms on them. I'm way excited. Have no idea what color they are. I didn't even remember planting them. How funny!

 Azalea, Tulip, Wild Rose, Hosta, Iris, and lingering greens of Jonquil. We won't mention any odd green weeds that might have raised their ugly heads.

 Grandma's Rose.

 Great Grandmother's Rose...Hey! What's that red thing in the background?!

Mother's Iris. I think it may be white by the looks of the bloom. I didn't think any of them would actually have buds this year since I just transplanted them Yay!

 The falling petals of the Bradford pears look like snow. When the wind was blowing yesterday, it looked like it was snowing in the yard.

 The Violets are blooming well now, even covered in dirt.



 Loropetalum bushes. I'm adding more soon.

And finally Dianthus. They bloomed all winter.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to each and every one of you, be ye Irish or no!!
 (I happen to be Scots/Irish *wink*)

4 comments:

Under Her Wings said...

Isn't it absolutely delightful to have all the new growth coming up? I planned our granddaughter tea party today with the theme "New Beginnings", with a granddaughter giving her personal testimony of new life in Christ. Good party. Hope to have some pics up this weekend. Love your garden.

Miss Hillbilly said...

That cute little red thing needs a pinch for not wearing green!

Y said...

That's what those are! I never knew the name and I love them! I can't wait to see everything in a month or so!!!

Y said...

DOH! The Loeopetalum bushes!