Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 8 of Thanks

I'm very thankful for my sewing machine, and the ability to use it. (Even though the bobbin tends to give me fits frequently) How would I function now, without it? Speaking of which, I'm thankful God blessed me with the talent to sew and paint. It has been something that gives me great pleasure, and occasionally, it gives others pleasure too.

I've made countless outfits for my children. I've decorated scores of garments for them, as well as others. I actually paid for buying Christmas presents 2 or 3 years in a row, back when painted sweatshirts were in vogue. I even cut out and painted wooden items for a while. (I kinda miss that.) I'm now sewing items for babies and children, as well as a bit of quilting. And instead of painting on shirts, I'm painting canvases. All the creativity has put me in an emotional place I haven't been in years. I'm very content, dare I say even happy...And all that thanksgiving for crafting, goes with the freedom to stay at home, and not have to work outside the home.

For these things Lord, We give thee thanks.

1 comment:

FrouFrouBritches said...

I couldn't agree more! Such a good reason to be thankful! I'm quite sure your talent makes lots of people happy!