Monday, August 10, 2009

Addendum to Last Post

This morning's devotional was from Luke 12:15. Watch out and be on guard against all greed because one's life is not in the abundance of his possessions.

I was again reminded that it's not what I own, or how much money I have. God will meet my needs because he promised He would.

Jesus said, "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you. Therefore don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself." Matt 6:33-34.

So, when I fret about not having spending money, or a way to finance something I want to do, I have to remember that treasure in Heaven is THE thing. To be out of the workplace is to sacrifice money for peace. It gives me time to spend with the Lord without the burdens I was carrying.

Lord, I will not fear bad news; my heart is confident, trusting in You. My heart is assured; I will not fear. Psalm 112: 7-8

No comments: