Friday, April 10, 2009

View from the Window

Ok, I know I seem obsessed with birds and gardening now. But, God did tell me they were His gift to me. I ran out of birdseed and the poor things nearly starved the one day they were without.... uh, well.... I purchased more today, filled the feeders and was rewarded royally. The Gold Finches appeared in abundance. So, I slipped up to the window in my back door and tried to catch them on my camera.




While I had the camera aimed, a Hummingbird flew up and I was delighted to catch him too.


The day was very windy, but the sun was awesome, and I finally planted something else in the front flower bed. I don't really know what it is, but it hangs nicely, and will cascade over the blocks if all goes as planned.


The azaleas are getting ready to bloom, finally. Everyone else in the world has azaleas already blooming. I don't know what it is, but everything I have, have ever had, always, without fail, blooms after everyone else's do. I will post a picture of mine in full bloom if they ever do.



Tomorrow I plan to paint the metal bed I'm working on. If it turns out well, I'll post the before and afters in a day or so.

1 comment:

Sooz said...

Love the pictures!