Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mother Dear

It's been a while since I posted anything about my Mom. She has been doing pretty well, all things considered. There has been an ongoing problem with pain in her lower back and lower body. The oncologist wanted her to have physical therapy. The Rheumatologist wanted her to think about surgery on her back. We were not crazy about either suggestion. So, today I took her to see my personal nurse practitioner/friend. The one I worked for and still do from time to time. Being a cancer survivor herself, she has what I believe, is a better understanding of things. She believes the pain is related to chemotherapy. She was also disturbed to find out the oncologist has not done a full body CT scan. So, she set that up for tomorrow morning, bright and early. She also increased the frequency of pain medication Mom takes, and took some blood to see if her thyroid is out of wack.

Mom sees the oncologist next Monday, and I would like to have an idea of what is actually going on when that happens. The scan and lab may not show anything of import. But at least we will know.

No comments: