Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Day of May for Me

I wanted to finish this by last weekend, and I did well enough to use it and move the monstrosity of a computer desk out.


I debated on changing the hardware, but you know...I kinda like the old things. They are brass, but have a very dark patina and I didn't polish them.I also debated on antiquing it, but decided against that for now. The crisp white will look much better when I get my walls painted light aqua blue.

Today, I added the chair pad and curtain in the knee well, to hide the computer wires and cables. I used fabric I had in my stash and I am in love with it now!


I decided to turn the monitor back on and show you my desktop wallpaper..... *wink*


 A satisfying finish to May For Me!! Now, on to trying to get some accessories on the wall and a lamp for the desk. But that will have to wait until after my vacation. I'm saving all my $ for that!!

7 comments:

Y said...

OH, MY GOSH! It doesn't even look like the same desk! The fabric is amazing!

Anonymous said...

i like that fabric!

Miss Hillbilly said...

That is so cute! I love the fabric that you chose.

Sara G said...

Nice area! Enjoy your day!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think this is going to stand out with the aqua walls. Just love the chair cushion fabric!! A fun work station.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Looks great! What wonderful computer desk! Hurray for May for Me!

Under Her Wings said...

I love the desk! You did well in May, I must say. Staying away from the tv and computer a little gives us much more time, doesn't it? I have been outside quite a bit. It won't be long until it's so hot that I won't want to be. Have a great day, Belinda. And happy June!