Friday, March 5, 2010

Kickin' It

Folks, I have to tell you. This thing is kicking my bootay.


As I said before, it's not as smooth as the expensive ones at the gym. It's more like standing up on a bicycle while you are going up a small hill. Or like walking up countless flights of shallow stairs. Monday I was only able to stay on it for 10 minutes. Yesterday, I'd worked up to 20 at one time, and then after supper 10 more. This morning I could only stick with it for 15 and I was done. Winded, worn out, exhausted.  I'll get back on it around lunchtime and try for 10 or 15 more, then again after supper. I am determined to win the battle. Eventually, it has to get easier......right?

I do have to admit, my thighs and bottom feel stronger. I was squatting yesterday, transplanting some azaleas, and I didn't feel the burn I normally would. So I must be doing some good..... I hope I hope I hope...

3 comments:

Y said...

COOL BEANS!!!

Erin said...

How true! I notice that my squats are easier to do now that I'm doing the elliptical more regularly. It sure hurts while I'm on it, but I try to get longer by just a few minutes each time. So worth it :-)

B Lines said...

Yes Erin. You have to work up a few minutes each time to be able to handle it. I've also learned that I can stay on it longer, if I take a really short break two or three times. Less than 30 seconds, but it makes a lot of difference. I was able to do 22 1/2 minutes yesterday doing that.

I also noticed that I didn't get winded while doing some yard work yesterday. That in itself is wonderful!