Ok, I'll do it.
As an award recipient, I am asking you to do the following:
List seven things that you love and then pass the award on to seven bloggers that you love! Be sure to tag them and let them know they have won. You can copy the picture of the award and paste it on your sideboard letting the whole world know...you are Kreativ!
1. Gardening. I'm in the process of redoing my front flower beds. I want something that is low maintenance, but I can add a splash of something new every Spring. It gives me a peace to be in the dirt and work towards creating something that will be pretty.
2. Reading. I love historical fiction with some romance thrown in. And I love fantasy/sci-fi. I also love to look at home decorating and craft magazines.
3. Painting. I've been trying to do a few things that I might be able to sell. Christmas stockings and such. I've been considering trying to make my own garden flags and I have a frame that needs an original painting. Still trying to decide just what to put in it.
4. Sewing. I have been thinking about creating some personalized items. Also thinking about getting back into cross stitching. When I had small children, I made probably half of their clothes. Especially LeLe. One Easter I made a frilly lavender dress for her, and a jumpsuit for Jared. I even painted on that for him.
This one was cross stitched.
I just finished hemming three pairs of pants for SR's great aunt who in Crown Point, an assisted living facility. At one time, I did this sort of thing for friends, and a little extra dough, but I'm not so crazy about that idea these days.
5. Cooking. I didn't used to like this much. But now that I have plenty of time and I'm not rushed, I actually enjoy cooking. Especially for a special occasion. LeLe's birthday is Monday. Woo hoo. Gonna try something new for that, Chicken Alfredo. Wish me luck.
6. Organization. I dislike clutter. I remember that years ago, when my kids were small, the house was full of little knick knacks. Some I bought, most I made. It was hard to dust and you couldn't really apreciate what was there, because there was just too much. Now I'm more of a "Less is more" person and you can actually see what I do have. I also have a hard time functioning in a space that is not clear and organized. Even when I was working, I would get all antsy and uptight if my workspace was unorganized.
6. Keeping a neat/clean house. I suppose this goes along with #6. I'm not the neat freak some people seem to think, but I do love a nice looking place that is not dirty. I wouldn't say I actually enjoy housework, but I love the results of a day of cleaning.