Monday, April 30, 2012

Big Things, Little Things

This past week has been a series of ups and downs. I'll start low, and move up from there...

My #1 Sister's  older son lost twin babies due to miscarriage a little over a week ago. How heart wrenching.  Two days later, her younger son's marriage came to an abrupt end. The entire family is in mourning. My heart bleeds for my sister and her family and I have been in continual prayer for them.

I'm having a really difficult time finding a blood pressure medication that doesn't make me feel worse than the high bp itself. I'm sure my doctor is pulling her hair out and feeling frustration every time I call to tell her the newest one is not working. I don't know how this is going to play out.

My mother-in-law has some issues going on with her teeth and will need some oral surgery in the immediate future. She is a strong woman and very proud and will need help even though she will want to refuse it.

Yesterday, I visited my brother's place for the first time since he moved to Hot Springs. My heart hurts for him being without his family and on his own. His children live in Illinois and Wisconsin. His divorce will be final in a few days.

Ok, enough of the sad stuff. On to the happier things....

On Friday, our Little Man will be 2 years old. I can't believe how time has flown and how big he's getting. What did we do before he appeared?? LeLe has a little party planned for Saturday and we are looking forward to seeing him open gifts.


My 35th anniversary is next Monday. Thirty five years with the same man. Who'd a thunk it? He has been on vacation the last two weeks and I've enjoyed him being here. Really.  I'm looking forward to his retirement next summer.

 June 2011
Speaking of next summer, Sister#1, Lele, Little Man and I are planning a trip back to the beach. We can't swing it this year, but we will enjoy the planning and anticipation for next year.

Friday night SR and I met two couples for supper in Benton. We are all Risonians who have relocated. The food and friends were great and I stayed on my Weight Watchers points list (Yay me!!)

Yesterday, before visiting my brother, we visited SR's cousin who has a home on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs. She and her husband are always so welcoming and kind. They took us for a lovely boat ride up and down the lake and showed us the summer palaces of the rich and famous of our area. I have to admit, it tends to make me want things I'll never have, but I try to be content and just enjoy the little things in life. It was a beautiful day to be on the lake.


Tomorrow begins the May for Me Bingo Game!! Here's hoping I B I N G O at least once!!  I'm also going to try to link up to the May for Me party, and post at least once about what I did just for me. It's a good excuse to do something fun!! You can find out more by visiting these nice ladies.

Tonya at Hillbilly Handiworks
Sharon at Vrooman's Quilts
Snoodles at Lily Pad Quilting
Marcia at Crafty Sewing and Quilting



2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

My sincere sympathies and condolences and prayers for all. You need a little ME and look forward to what you have to share.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Big week coming up with a Big birthday and then an anniversary! I know it's been a bit sad for you, but May will be a good month I think :)