Tuesday, February 14, 2012

For Valentine's Day

Since it's the day of hearts, I decided to share the little quilt top I have ready to quilt. It's full of hearts as you can tell...
I realized I should have either made the sashing wider or made three more of the blocks, but I think this works well enough. It's a sweet little quilt and I'm ready to get to the quilting part. I'll post on The Seam Rippers when I get it quilted.
Hearts and flowers...several different applique stitches. I experimented and didn't try to make them all alike. That was something my friend Y suggested. Thanks girl. It freed me up a bit.

This is a photo of the bird feeders in my backyard yesterday. If you look carefully, you can see it was snowing and sleeting and they were going crazy for the seeds. It was fun to watch.

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! I hope your day is blessed with love.

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That is so soft and pretty! Our birds have been little piggies, too.

Y said...

B! This turned out WAY better than I could have ever imagined! All the fabrics are so different and they all look fantastic together. You have a gifted eye! I wish I could see the different stitching. It sounds like that was fun.

There was a big old bird on top of one of the feeders yesterday. No idea what it was. It made me feel bad it was empty. Guess I better get myself by Wally World and buy some seed before they're knocking on the door! Lots of Cardinals this year.

Miss Hillbilly said...

The quilt is cute!

I want to buy a feeder for Stephen. He really loves birds.