It occurred to me that my blog posts have slowed way down simply because things have changed. For the longest, many of my posts were complaining about work or health issues or my Mom's illness. I haven't posted a complaining blog in the longest time because, well things have changed.
- I no longer work outside the home. Most of my blog posts were complaints about work and how I wanted to just stay home every day. I hated getting up early and having to get ready and leave the house. I didn't really “hate” my job, but just working in general. For years I yearned to stay at home. Why have I not spent as much time blogging about how thankful I am to be staying home?
- As I said, I hated getting up early. I would drag myself out of bed due to dread, and because I never slept well and was still tired when the alarm sounded. Now? I usually get up between 6:00 and 6:30 because I'm sleeping much better and am wide awake at that time. Why am I not blogging about how thankful I am to be sleeping better?
- I used to blog about how bad I felt. I would talk about doctor visits and pain and whine, whine, whine. Since I am happier, I feel better. Since I've found a particular medication for a big part of my troubles, I am more energetic. Why am I not blogging about how much better I feel? And thankful that God has given us the science to make our health better?
- I used to whine about not knowing my place in the world. Not knowing what God wanted of me. Now, I know what it is. It's to be the caretaker of LMW. His Mom needed to know he was in good hands while she had to work. I think it gives her great comfort knowing that he is with people who love and care greatly for him every day. Why am I not blogging about how thankful I am that her mother-in-law and I are both in a situation to keep him?
- Speaking of LMW. For years I ached to hold a bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh child. I would mention it from time to time in my blog and I'm sure LeLe would roll her eyes every time she read it. Now? Holding LMW is like holding a piece of heaven in my arms. He's now 10 months old, and I keep wondering if the feeling will ever lessen. I doubt it. He is the joy of my life. I do post about him most of the time, but I don't thank God in my post much. Why is that?
- I used to post about my Mom's health issues. She did so well for so long, but the cancer finally took her. I don't post about her since she's gone now, but I think about her a lot. She didn't suffer much in the end. Just a week of not being able to move without tremendous pain and for most of that time she was out of it. Why have I not posted about how thankful I am that she is no longer in pain and with the Heavenly Father?
So, you can see why my blog posts have slowed down so much. I am not thankful enough. Let me take this opportunity to thank my God for His great mercy and compassion. For using everything and anything for His purpose. For giving me the desires of my heart. What a mighty, loving, wonderful God we serve!