Saturday, August 28, 2010

Catching Up

I haven't written about my Mom lately, mainly because things have been pretty calm. Unfortunately, this week, her symptoms have begun to increase, so we have an appointment with the oncologist Monday morning, then she will get a dose of chemo. The chemo will make her feel better, but we don't know if it will be given on an "as needed" basis, or regular schedule yet.

About three weeks ago, she decided she didn't want to pay the exorbitant cost of Dish Network any longer. I cancelled the service, but she found she was unhappy with out a satellite. I've tried to get her a Direct TV account, but there is a LOT of red tape, or there is in her case and so we are still trying to figure out what to do. In the meantime, she has no tv and is not a happy camper. I don't blame her.

Luckily, my brother who lives in Chicago, is coming in on Monday to stay for a little while. I'm hoping he can help in the tv department. If he can find a job here, he will stay for a while and try to help out with Mom. Keep him/us in your prayers, because I could really use the help.

Today was SR's 57th birthday and I cooked a huge meal. The in-laws, LeLe and LMW all attended. J and K couldn't make it and MK was under the weather. I had a mountain of food left. Ugh.


The weather has been awesome. I sure hate to think it will go back to  hot dry days but it's inevitable considering this is still August. Still, fall is just around the corner and I'm ready. Man! and I ready!

No comments: