Thursday, June 25, 2009

What I Did This Week

I haven't painted a mural for two or three years now, and I remember why. It's very demanding. I love the creation process, but by the middle of the job, I'm very ready to be finished. I've also discovered that even though regular craft paint is non-toxic and water based, I have developed a physical reaction to it. I've had a headache and stuffy nose the entire time I've been working on my latest commission. So, unless it's someone very special, or something I desperately want to do, I will decline most future requests.

I did two rooms for a former co-worker. I love her dearly and miss being with her. She has a little boy and this is what we painted for his room.


She also has a baby girl, and this is what we added for her.


I can tell I'm getting too old to be crawling around on the floor trying to paint details on a wall. My body is yelling at me. But, I'm glad I did it, and am reasonably pleased with the result.

3 comments:

LeLe said...

Okay, well save your strength for your grandkids b/c I'm gonna want a mural in the back bedroom at some point. :)

B Lines said...

Of course my grandchildren would take priority over any aches or pains. And I could take my time and do it up right for them...

Michelle said...

I love 'em B Lines! They are so cute!