Friday, February 13, 2009

Home, The Final Frontier

I am home. I have retired. I am relieved more than words can express.

Yesterday was my last full day of work. I will fill in on occasion for the staff in the future, but I will now be a full time housewife/homemaker, whatever you want to call it. The morning of my last day was full of laughter. The girls took me out for lunch, and they gave me this beautiful rose.
There are so many thoughts going through my head, but they are not ones I would wish to put on display for the entire world to read. Suffice it to say I am very relieved, as my facebook page states, and it's a little bittersweet for me. The office is slowly adding technology that I'm a little disappointed I won't be there to experience, but I will not miss the stress.

I will miss them, but this is something I needed to do. SR is in full agreement with me and he is happy to know I will be home to cook supper for a change. He gets home from work at 3:30 and I would sometimes work until 6:30 or 7:00.

Today, I took this shot of the birdbath for my yearly documentation of the jonquil blooms.
They don't seem as full as when I transplanted them, but it's early yet. I'm just tickled they are blooming on this dreary day. I'm looking forward to sunshiny days, and puttering around in the yard this spring.

5 comments:

LeLe said...

Yea!!! And I channel Mel Gibson as I yell: "FREEDOM!"

Y said...

I've said for many years Friday the 13th is a good day and this is a VERY GOOD DAY! Congratulations!!! :)

B Lines said...

I was born on the 13th, so it's ALWAYS been lucky for me!!!

Sooz said...

Great news! Glad you will be away from the stress.

Les said...

Congratulations! I can only imagine how relieved you are.