Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Non-Resolutions...Stolen from LeLe

I have never been one to make New Year's Resolutions. I've always been of the opinion that if you are going to do something, you don't have to make it "official" just because it's the new year. I resolve to do things differently all year long. If I don't follow through, well, I'm in the majority, eh?

I would like some things to be different this year.

1.) I would like a raise. I've been asking for one, and the office manager has tried to get it in the works, but so far it's not happening.

2.) I would like to feel better. I'm sure that means I have to do some things differently in my life. But some of the problems I have are not the fault of my lifestyle.

3.) I would like to be more intense in my Bible study and more dedicated to His work. I have been trying to do this for several months, so it's not a new thing for 2008. With that, I would like to be more sure of what I'm supposed to be doing for Him. What should I let go of, what should I be more aggressive about...?

4.) I would like to be less judgemental of others. Not only is it a sin, but how do I know what their lives are like unless I've walked in their shoes?

There are countless things I should change in my life. I'm sure the Holy Spirit will reveal them to me as needed. I just hope that I can listen and follow through all year long. Being a Christian is not a bed of roses. There are many stumbling blocks, many temptations, many selfish motives to get in the way. The world as a whole is so un-Christian, that it's very easy to follow the wide road and not the narrow way. So, I suppose you could say that my one and only real resolution is to TRY HARDER.

1 comment:

Sooz said...

I agree with the non-resolutions. This has nothing to do with that but I always look to being a Christian the best way. Its tough but we will have to so good when He comes back...and those people I have "judged" will be the ones lacking...just saying if they were non-christian is all..not that i'm judging. It just seems that those people are the ones on my bed of roses each year. =)