Sunday, August 5, 2007

Weekend Update

My weekend didn't wind up as I had planned. It's like that saying "Life is what happens while you are making other plans." I intended to make some really nice posters for our church's upcoming "On Mission Celebration" but my time was more limited than I expected. I spent the entire day Friday with my mother. She had some medical issues, and needed my sister and me to be with her for a little testing. Nothing major and all is well, but sister and I spent the entire day waiting. I guess I'd rather be the wait-er than the test-ee. So, the day I had blocked off for poster making was shot. Saturday was catch-up day with a little housework, and then a baby shower for a family member. I'm not much into those, eventhough I know how important they are. Guess it's my "feeling alone in a crowd" thing. Anyway, that lasted a whole lot longer than I expected, so that time was gone. I found time to make the posters, but they were not what I had planned, nor are they as eye catching as I wanted. Maybe that is a pride thing. They have the information we needed to share, and they are legible, and that is all that really matters. Maybe that is God's way of dealing with my pride. Hmmmm. Due to some other issues with my mother, I had to travel to Rison after Sunday School. Since my father passed away, I have more responsibility for my Mom and that's ok. It's nice that she seems to really appreciate all I do for her. And my view on it is, she worked hard to give me all the things I needed, and lots of stuff I just WANTED when I was growing up. It's pay back time.

It was a productive weekend, but not restful and not what I had invisioned. Still, I can't complain. Everything that was pressing was accomplished and life goes on.

5 comments:

LeLe said...

Well, I think I figured out part of my headache problem. MSG in Chinese food. It seems like every time I get a bad headache, I have eaten Chinese the night before. So no more Chinese for me. Shucks. Seems like I'm having to give up a lot lately due to health issues...

Glad Grandma is okay.

B Lines said...

You may not remember, but I had to nix the Fruit Rollups when you were little. They did not agree with you and we determined it was the horendous amount of MSG in those that was the problem. All these food additives are just not good for us, but we continue to eat them. Fast food is too easy, but it's not healthy. None of us have enough time to cook like our grandmothers did. It's a shame.

Sooz said...

My former boss had horrible migraines but loves chinese food. He always asked for them to leave it out and most are happy to do it. There is a chinese restaurant in NLR in Lakewood village that is all without MSG.
I lost my other thought so if I think of it I will post it later.

LeLe said...

I've nixed the greasy food, pizza, and now Chinese food. And yes, it is very difficult to cook every night and come up with new and exciting dishes. We eat the same ol' stuff every week and are sick and tired of it. I need inspiration...and also wondering if I need food allergy tests.

Les said...

Mrs. B.,
I can sympathize with the whole taking care of family thing. Mother is gone on vacation this week so I went up to Rogers to take care of some financial/medical issues for Mamaw. I'm her Power of Attorney and it seems like that means an endless stack of paperwork to be filled out, etc. I know your mom appreciates all that you do!