Friday, October 26, 2012

Storm of the Century

The news people are telling us that Hurricane Sandy will be the storm of the century. I sure hope they are wrong about that!! I have a friend in New York and she has had some bad bad weather in the last few years. Knowing her though, I can rest assure she will be prepared and will persevere.

Life is routine these days. Sewing a little, doing housework, and trying to keep up with LMW.
I let him play in my car last week...he LOVES to pretend he's driving but he also loves to turn every single thing in the car on. I didn't check that before we went inside and I didn't leave the house the next day. He and I climbed in the car to go to Walmart the following day and....you guess it, the battery was gone. Dead as a doornail as they say.

Luckily, my son J was headed down to the deer camp, and he stopped by to jump me off. From now on, there won't be any playing in "Nanna's White Tar" for LMW. Poor baby.

He is now uninterested in any "school" type fun, I guess he got bored with it. He is one of those children who need to be physical and entertained in that way. Sure wears a Nanna out.
Today the weather is going to be cold and wet and I must come up with something to keep him happy. If LMW ain't happy, no body's happy.....

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

My grandson was the same - and the end result was - no more 'car' play time.