Friday, June 15, 2012

The Eyes Have It

My eyes have always been bad.
 I began wearing glasses in the 5 grade I think. I was extremely nearsighted and in high school, I switched to contacts and wore those things wayyy into adulthood.  (Nooo, not the same pair...;)  Then they came out with RK surgery.
 
I opted to do this about 20 years ago. How scary, knowing someone is gouging your eyeball with a sharp instrument! But really didn't hurt and the results were awesome!! As a matter of fact, my current eye doc says I've had the best results he's ever seen. For all these years, I was able to see perfectly without contacts or glasses. But....Father Time decided to force the issue and for the last two years or so, my reading has been difficult to say the least.
The last two weeks, I've been trying to figure out whether I wanted to wear one contact for reading, bi-focal contacts or just keep doing what I've been doing...wearing dollar store glasses to read. My brain won't deal with the constant fuzziness of one eye all the time, nor will my eyes focus with the bifocal lenses enough to actually read. So, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I've decided to keep on the same way.
So what if I have to keep a pair of glasses in every room of the house and my purse? They are only $1.00 at The Dollar Tree after all.  I'd wear one of those necklaces that you hook your glasses onto, but I'm not ready to look quite so much like an old librarian lady yet. *grin* For now, I'll put them on and take them off, put them on and take them off, regardless of how many times a day that turns out to be. It's worth it not to have to deal with fuzzy eyes or the hassle of contact lenses.

Now, where did I put my glasses?.....

1 comment:

Miss Hillbilly said...

My eyes are perfect...or they used to be. I've noticed a bit of a fuzzy tendency. My times coming!