Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crosswalk Verse of the Day



 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.  Romans 13:12...



What does the armor of light look like? Does that mean we glow? When people see us, do they see light or darkness? Do we speak of sad and depressing things, or do we look at the world through the eyes of thankfulness and the joy of the Lord? 

The armor is to help us battle the darkness. Do I put it on every day, or let it collect dust in the corner, dusting it off periodically when it suits me? I really don't want to answer that one.

Have a great Sabbath Sunday!

3 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

I try so hard to be bright. But I am not so good about putting that armor on daily either.

Under Her Wings said...

what a wonderful way to start my day! It's still dark outside, and this little reminder to be light in the world will go with me through the day. Thanks, and have a blessed one!

LeLe said...

Interesting...I didn't read this yesterday but this morning, I was thinking about how I'm tired of battling the enemy and my thoughts turned to, "I never asked to be a soldier." Well, yes, I did so I guess that's what I get. Some of us have to battle on the front lines more often than others. I guess I better shine up my armor, huh?