I have not had any really good blog ideas in a very long time. So, I'll just list some things that have been going on.
1. I've been keeping LMW several days and it's wonderful. He makes me laugh, smile, feel joyful, and he poops on me, but that's ok too. ;)
2. Mom has had some ups and downs with the cancer and other issues, but is holding her own. She was able to have a second round of chemo last Monday, and we weren't sure that was going to happen due to her blood counts. And the stress test she had came out fine.
3. My brother has moved in with Mom to help out. He is a Godsend. Now, if we can just get him a job so he can stay, we will all sigh with relief.
4. I haven't been very creative lately. I've gotten most everything on my long list of things to do done. I can't come up with any really good ideas for making Christmas gifts. There are countless ones out there, but they aren't much good if you don't think your recipient will really use them. There are just a couple I can think of, and I need to be working on them.
5. We are STILL working on the back porch. The man we hired to construct it was very good, but it just didn't turn out as we thought it would. So, SR is having to do some repositioning and reconstruction. I have a little painting left to do on the backdoor and trim as well. And we need to get the landscaping around the porch done before the wet weather gets here. (If the local weatherman is to be believed, we have plenty of time...)
6. I've lost one bush and two trees to the summer drought, and I may lose another tree. I've been frantically watering it, sometimes twice a day, but it still seems to be gradually drying up to nothing.
7. I haven't been eating as healthy as I need to. I just can't seem to stay on track. I must get a grip before the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons arrive. I have been walking regularly though and using the elliptical some, so that's a plus.
8. We have a new pastor at church and so far so good. I haven't actually met him face to face, and it's my own fault. I can't see the pulpit or stage if we sit on the ground floor, so we always sit in the balcony. Makes it hard to hob nob with most of the members. I do like his wife though. A lot. She is in my Sunday School class.
That's it for now.