Saturday, March 15, 2008

Weekend Update

As I sit in front of the keyboard, I have my trusty iPod earphones in, and I am listening to a compilation cd of Mercy Me, Lifehouse, and Third Day. I really love iTunes as it makes it so very easy to get what you really want without having to wade through the songs that just aren't personal favorites.

Gratefully, I didn't go into work on my Friday off (yesterday). It was very nice, but I did go on a shopping expedition in Little Rock. We've already established that I have a phobia about driving in Little Rock, but I do have my reasonably comfortable paths. I did not vary my known route and did fine. Only had one anxious moment when at the stroke of 12:05 I tried to leave the parking area of Park Plaza Mall. Those of you who are familiar with Park Plaza will automatically know what I'm talking about. No red light and traffic both ways at the lunch hour is NOT where I am comfortable. By the Grace of God I was able to pull out of the lot without someone crashing into me. And I mean that literally, because as I pulled out, the person across the great divide decided to come across straight at me. As I hesitated to keep from plowing into said person, someone else had to hesitate to keep from plowing into my rear. Amazingly, I did not get all upset as I normally would, so I have to attribute that to the Peace and Protection of my God. Thanks a bunch Lord!

Prior to my escape from traffic hell, I visited every single store in the mall that offered women's clothes. Alas, it was to no avail. I was looking for a dress. You remember dresses? A piece of clothing that covers your body from your neck to your knees and actually looks nice? None to be found that was in the vicinity of my budget. Knee pants, cute tops and shorts were in abundance but I just don't see myself outfitted in that way on Easter Morn. I traveled to West Little Rock to visit my old standby, J.C. Penney to see if I could find anything there. Found cute stuff, but no dresses made for a woman my age who wants to look her age. Now, if I was willing to look like (I'm trying to look) twenty-something or like my grandmother, I would have hit the motherlode. I did purchase a top and a pair of capri pants, and am hoping against hope that I can find a skirt that will work with the top by next weekend. I do still believe in miracles....

I had lunch with a very lively young woman who is a special friend of my son. It was a beautiful day to meet someone for lunch and I enjoyed her company very much. I had been moaning about not having anyone to accompany me on my outing, and at the last moment thought of her and issued the invitation. Thanks for a great time N.

This a.m. I hopped out of bed....uh yeah right.... and made my weekly trip to Walmart early, trying to beat the crowd. I have several things to accomplish today and I'm about half-finished. I found some great diabetic recipes online the other day and I want to try preparing one. Oh, did I tell you my nurse practitioner has diagnosed me with borderline diabetes? That was a happy day. I've been on a "diabetic" diet for over three weeks now. I'm still trying to figure out what to eat. I know most of what I can't have, it's what can have that's giving me trouble. I've lost 2 and 1/2 pounds so far, without any exercise. Guess if I got up off my buns, I could do better. SR is just concerned I will lose too much and begin to look "poor" as he calls it. If anyone out there has some helpful suggestions on how to deal with this, I'm all ears/eyes.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am beginning to hate to shopping for clothes, too. You're right about the dresses, though. It's all hoochie momma or granny...

Sooz said...

I hate shopping for clothes.

LeLe said...

MIL said she had the same problem at Goody's. Hoochie or granny. And she said even though she is a Grandma, she doesn't want to look like one. I don't blame her!